Marieke (Little) is a mid-season sweater with a colourwork yoke.
The chart starts at the shoulders, and goes up to the neck. The bottom of the sleeves also has part of the pattern.
The construction is bottom-up. The sleeves are knitted in the round in stockinette stitch, and are then attached to the body. The yoke is formed by decreases spread over several rows.
The pattern can be knitted with a main colour and one, two or even three contrasting colours.
Suitable for beginners as you don’t need to carry your yarn.
MATERIAL & INFORMATIONS
Sizes : 6 months (1, 2) 4, 6, 8, 10 years
Gauge : 24 st x 32 rows = 4’’ in stockinette stitch in 3.25mm needles (or another size to get the gauge).
Yarn & material :
- Sport weight yarn (or thick 4ply) – I used the Nord from Drops Design
- MC : about 300 (350, 400) 545, 680, 700, 780 meters
- CC1 (dots) : about 20 (20, 20) 20, 30, 45, 45 meters
- CC2 : (bottom leaves) : about 20 (20, 20)25, 35, 40, 40 meters
- CC3 : (top leaves) : about 10 (10, 10)10, 15, 15, 15 meters
- Recommended needles (if you get the gauge) 😕
- A)* 3 mm\US 2 circular needles for ribbing?
- B)* 3,25mm\ US 3 circular needles for body and sleeves ?
- C)3,5mm\US 4 circular needles for colourwork (if your tension is tighter when you knit this technique)
- Stitch marker
- Scrap yarn
- Tapestry needle
This pattern is digital and will be sent as a pdf-file to your e-mail.
Rupture de stock
Get notified when product is back in stock