Cozy sweater is an unisex sweater with raglan sleeves that is knitted with two yarns held together (a fingering and a mohair) to make it warm for the cooler months. It can also be knitted with only one DK yarn to make it lighter for the mid-season, or to avoid mohair for smaller sizes. It has long 2/2 ribs on the wrists and lower body and two small pockets.
Very accessible to beginners. Pockets are optional. The construction is top-down.
A teenager/female version of this pattern is available under the name ’Suzie (sweater)’.
NOTIONS & INFORMATION
Sizes : 3, (6, 12, 18) months 2, 4, 6, 8 10 years
Gauge : 22 st x 31 r = 10 cm in stockinette stitch in 4mm/US 6 needles (or another size to get the gauge)
Yarn and notions:
- About 280 (300, 330, 380)420, 550, 600, 650 750 meters of fingering weigh yarn and about the same amount of lace mohair.
Yarn used for this version: Twist sock from The Wool Barn, « Bramble » colorway & Drops Kid/Silk, « white » in size 2 years old.
- Recommended needles (to get the gauge): 4mm/US 6 needles
- 3.75mm/US 5 needles for the ribbing
- Stitch markers
- Waste yarn to put the stitches on hold
- Yarn from a contrasting colour
- Tapestry needle
This pattern is digital and will be sent as a pdf-file to your e-mail.
Rupture de stock