Wish List Spring/Summer
Spring has definitely arrived in Canada, and there is no trace of snow anymore, and it feels so so good! Temperatures are about 15 degrés now, which makes me think about better and warmer days and… what I want to sew! In a few months, temperatures won’t go under 27 degrés, and will even go to 40, with a lot of humidity. I’ll need light dresses by then! So here is my selection of what I’ll try to sew for the next few months! If you want to see more, you can join me on Pinterest, the best place in my opinion to keep all your ideas!
* A few months ago, I’ve seen this cuttle little dress with deer prints. This dress is from the shop Larmoni, and I saw it for the first time on my favorite fashion blogger : Rebecca from The Clothes Horses. I looked for a similar fabric for ages and I finally found it two weeks ago in the shop Pretty Mercerie ! I already have several patterns ideas to use to sew this dress and I can’t wait!
* Last month I fell upon Robert Kaufman‘s new fabric collection, and I fell in love straight away! You’ve maybe seen what I bought on Instagram already : I took a stripey one with lobsters, and an other one with blue sea anchors. I looked for inspiration and this is what I’ve found. Now I just need to choose the right pattern!
* This year, again, I’m in love with chambray fabric! I find this fabric so easy to sew, so comfy to wear, and I love the style! I’ve just made a Kim dress from By Hand London that I’ll show you in the next few weeks, and I’m still thinking about the second dress I want to make…
* It’s not spring for me if I don’t have a breton top and a skirt! I have a few breton top already but I’m thinking about making an other one with the Nettie Bodysuit pattern from Closet Case Files, the best top to go with my skirts. In the mean time, I’m looking at different styles of skirts like buttoned chambray skirt. I just need to decide !
* Something I really want this season is…. a romper! I have two patterns that I could use, one from McCalls, and an other one from By Hand London. I know that rompers are not the most pratical outfit but I really like the style, so it’s a new challenge!
* Finally, this year I want to try a maxi dress as well! I don’t really wear any usually as I’m quite small but, in a fluid and thin fabric, it’s perfect for Montreal weather! The Anna dress made by Closet Case Files is absolutely stunning, so why not trying to make it sleeveless like the picture on the right! It’s feminine, it’s easy to wear, and it can be both fancy and casual : perfect deal!
But now the most important question is …. I am going to have the time to sew all of these?!
And you, what do you want for warmer days? Have you planned anything yet? Do tell!
Have a nice week end y’all! It’s supposed to rain in Montreal which means…. sewing time!
Crédit photos : Pinterest blogger’s website
(Click on the image to go on the website)