BLOG-ANNIVERSARY : HAPPY 2 + CONTEST
Well, here we are, this week my blog turned 2 ! It has been two years since I started this blog adventure, and I’m still really happy that I did!
At the end of last year, I challenged myself, but my year was a little disturbed by the pregnancy! Let’s have a look at my challenges from 2015, and what I ended up doing!
My challenges for 2015 were :
- get better at techniques and try more difficult things : I can say I’ve done that thanks to my Quart trench and my bathing suit.
- try out more colours than blue : Spring allowed me to try new colours!
- trying more shops in Montreal to find some reasonably priced fabrics that don’t compromise on quality : Thank you Globetex for your good knit fabric for very cheap!
My projects for 2015 were :
- Make a bathing suit : check !
- Try to make a nice bra that fits me: I started this challenge, sadly I had to stop it because of the pregnancy.
- Try a coat or a spring jacket : check !
- Make some more dresses for my nieces : Check !
Not that bad in the end right! My year has been divided in two parts : before and during pregnancy! Let’s have a look in pictures at what I’ve been sewing this year.
I’m much more satisfied with myself this year than in 2014. I think that I’ve been able to sew projects that fitted my style, and most of all, my everyday life. On top of that, the fact that I bought a serger really helped me to sew knit fabric, and I’m now addicted!
This biggest challenge this year for me was my pregnancy. My dresses made in spring didn’t fit anymore very quickly, and I had to find new ideas and projects which will adapt to my new growing bump. When I looked at maternity clothes in shops, I realised that it would be way more interesting for me to sew my clothes. That’s why I started this “Me-made-maternity” project, and I hope you enjoyed it. I know it can be not motivating sometimes to sew clothes for only a few months, but I assure you that it’s actually very cheaper! Especially when you sew knits.
I wore all my pregnancy clothes during these 8 months, but my favorites are :
- My top Midi in Nani Iro fabric
- My comfy dress from Megan Nielsen
- My pleated dress from Salme, in a fabric from Les trouvailles d’Amandine
Like last year, I tried to take you in different places in my articles : Boston, Mexico, Autumn colours, Apple picking, Pumpkin picking… as I really enjoy presenting my projects with nice settings and pictures. I hope you liked it!
I finish this year 2015 without having much time to think about what would be 2016 for me. As you’ve probably seen, I started knitting this year as well because of tiredness from pregnancy! And I actually love it now!! So I will show you more knitting projects in the future on top of sewing.
My projects for 2016 will be :
- Try to make a bra that fits me and is nice (because I really want to do that!)
- Make more dresses that would be easy for breastfeeding
- Make an other swimsuit this summer
- Sew a duffle coat for next Autumn
- Sew some nice dresses for Alice
- Knit a jumper for myself !!
I think that, between all these projects, and a baby, it’s enough to keep myself busy !
To thank you all for being so kind to me this year, I’ve made another contest for you! I will not be able to sew anything for you this year sadly but you can win a pattern from my 3 favorites dresses released in 2015 !
- Léopoldine dress, from Anne Durieu
- Vintage Shirt dress from Sew Over it
- Seda dress, from Pauline Alice
Like last year, It is simple : you just have to comment on this post and let me know which of my sewing projects from the past year was your favourite and why! You’re allowed to choose two : one from before pregnancy and one from “me-made-maternity”. You have until monday 28th of December at midnight (montreal time) to play! I will announce the winner in the next few weeks!
Good luck to everyone of you !